What's the Story (PDF package): Put Your Creative Thinking Skills to the Test
👉 When you order this PDF, the download link will appear right on your checkout page, and you'll receive it via email too. The link stays active for 2 weeks.
Adults be warned. In this unique Furious Think favourite, we don't just stick to the point of view of the good guys. After all, what are stories without both heroes and villains? 👻
How it works: We provide a story problem and young people put their creative thinking skills to the test to come up with imaginative solutions and ideas. There are 111 scenarios.
Overall, kids will:
- come up with genius story twists, motives & alternate realities
- decide how they could fracture a few fairy tales
- figure out how their hero will overcome challenges
- come up with what deep dark childhood secrets their villains are hiding and what plans they have to wreak havoc on the world (bwa-ha-ha!)
- practice the art of show don't tell & imagine compelling backstories
- AND MORE
For educators, this e-book also serves as an incredible source of story prompts! Kids can practice writing scenes or full stories (as well as outline writing, character sketches, dialogues, screenplays). They can also practice visual storytelling, including comic strips, storyboards, illustrations.
FYI This e-book can be used collaboratively, making for some amazing creative discussions. Or, kids/teens can use it independently, thinking about the solutions on their own.
Age range: It really depends. We would say the minimum age is roughly 9 or 10-ish, and there is no max age. Please check out the sample pages above!
What's in the package: you get two PDFs to meet your viewing and printing needs
- Our VIEWING version is created so the text is easily viewable on any digital device.
- Our PRINTING version is created in landscape orientation with two scenarios side by side. It is optimal for printing on standard paper size (8.5" x 11").
- We've also made the PDF copyable. If you're an educator, this means you can copy & paste the text you want into assignments of your choice.
Buying options: You can buy this PDF on its own or in one of our discounted bundles! You can also create your own bundle: Buy 3 PDFs + get a 4th on us. Use the code free at checkout.
Pages: 62 (print file) 124 (viewing file)
PDF created: 2021
File size: 365 KB (print file) 721 KB (phone viewing file)
What to know about downloading our books:
- The link to download will appear on the checkout page (after payment) and you'll also get an email with a link to access your downloads.
- The link itself will stay open for 2 weeks. If you miss the window, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate it.
Please note our PDFs are non-refundable!
If you would like more information about buying PDFs from us, please visit our purchasing PDFs details page.