Create Stories: Write, Draw and Indulge Your Imagination
👉 Psst! When you order this PDF, the download link will appear right on your checkout page, and you'll receive it via email too. The link stays active for 2 weeks.
How it works:
Whether through words, images or both, this package is all about creating stories – and challenging the brain.
It requires brainstorming, imaginative problem-solving, as well as flexible, clever and critical thinking. And it will nudge you to take storytelling risks.
In this package, there are 115 themes or ideas that will inspire your stories. These are universal themes and ideas that are commonly found in books, in films and across the overall human experience – you’ll recognize them instantly.
You take these thematic seeds and let a story spring up and take shape around them. Some will be easier than others!
Above: Each theme/idea is provided at the top of a storytelling grid. Whether you’re writing or drawing, the purpose of this grid is to help you clarify, deepen and connect your thoughts.
By filling out the grid, you will think about different aspects of your story, such as genre, setting and the central challenge your character will face.
After the main grid section, we provide a series of templates that you can use to tell or communicate your story through text or visuals.
These include templates for creating:
- written stories (above is a template for writing, with an insert for a small illustration or pull-quote)
- comic strips
- storyboards (below)
- single images (below)
- four images
- a series of thumbnails
- moodboards (one of the four moodboard templates is featured underneath)
Examples of themes:
- Two very different people become friends or allies.
- A disaster – either natural or manmade – wreaks havoc.
- Misfits/outcasts shake things up.
- A character has a phobia - and at some point must face it.
- Someone becomes obsessed with something.
- Booby traps!
Ages: 10-ish or so and up
Size of file: 441 KB | 143 pages
Paper size: 8.5" x 11"
What to know about downloading our books:
- The link to download will appear on the checkout page (after payment) and you'll also get an email with a link to access your downloads.
- The link itself will stay open for 2 weeks. If you miss the window, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate it.
Please note our PDFs are non-refundable!
If you would like more information about buying PDFs from us, please visit our purchasing PDFs details page.