Agree or Disagree (PDF package): 110 Topics to Build Critical Thinking & Inspire Conversations
You can buy this PDF on its own or in one of our discounted bundles!
(Psst, you can also create your own bundle: Buy 3 PDFs + get a 4th on us. Use the code free at checkout.)
👉 When you order this PDF, the download link will appear right on your checkout page, and you'll receive it via email too. The link stays active for 2 weeks.
This package comes with two PDFs to meet your viewing & printing needs:
- Our VIEWING version is created so the text is easily viewable on any digital device.
- Our PRINTING version is created in landscape orientation and is optimal for printing on standard paper size (8.5" x 11").
- We've also made the PDF copyable. If you're an educator, this means you can copy & paste the text you want into assignments of your choice.
Bonus! When we have updates or later editions of this book, you will automatically receive the updated PDF in your inbox.
Description & Sample Pages
Agree or Disagree is perfect for young people ages 9-ish to teen (of all levels) who love to have their say and are game to develop their craft. (Adults enjoy the topics too!)
- It's packed with 110 classic, contemporary & creative debate topics, scenarios and questions.
- For educators, it offers a trove of prompts to practice persuasive, opinion and argument writing as well as compelling topics for small discussion groups.
- It's a fun and engaging way to exercise essential lifelong skills: the ability to reason, to persuade and to build an argument 👍
Overall, we challenge young people to stretch their thinking by:
- coming up with reasons that support their opinions
- providing examples to illustrate their argument
- connecting their views to experiences, news and history
- contemplating different circumstances
- considering the other side of the debate
Age range: Starting at roughly grades 4/5. The topics and issues will also engage older youth and adults!
Pages: 60 (print file) | 119 (viewing file)
Published: 2019; updated 2021; Toronto
File size: 198 KB (print file) 985 KB (viewing file)
What to know about downloading our books:
- The link to download will appear on the checkout page (after payment) and you'll also get an email with a link to access your downloads.
- The link itself will stay open for 2 weeks. If you miss the window, please email us at email@example.com to reactivate it.
Please note our PDFs are non-refundable!
If you would like more information about buying PDFs from us, please visit our purchasing PDFs details page.