Agree or Disagree (PDF package): 110 Topics to Build Critical Thinking & Inspire Conversations
👉 When you order this PDF, the download link will appear right on your checkout page, and you'll receive it via email too. The link stays active for 2 weeks.
Description & Sample Pages
Agree or Disagree is perfect for young people ages 9-ish to teen (of all levels) who love to have their say and are game to develop their craft. (Adults enjoy the topics too!)
- It's packed with 110 classic, contemporary & creative debate topics, scenarios and questions.
- For educators, it offers a trove of prompts to practice persuasive, opinion and argument writing as well as compelling topics for small discussion groups.
- It's a fun and engaging way to exercise essential lifelong skills: the ability to reason, to persuade and to build an argument 👍
Overall, we challenge young people to stretch their thinking by:
- coming up with reasons that support their opinions
- providing examples to illustrate their argument
- connecting their views to experiences, news and history
- contemplating different circumstances
- considering the other side of the debate
Age range: Starting at roughly grades 4/5. The topics and issues will also engage older youth and adults!
What's in the downloadable package: you will get two PDFs to meet your viewing & printing needs
- Our VIEWING version is created so the text is easily viewable on any digital device.
- Our PRINTING version is created in landscape orientation and is optimal for printing on standard paper size (8.5" x 11").
- We've also made the PDF copyable. If you're an educator, this means you can copy & paste the text you want into assignments of your choice.
Buying options: You can buy this PDF on its own or in one of our discounted bundles. You can also create your own bundle: Buy 3 PDFs + get a 4th on us. Use the code free at checkout.
Pages: 60 (print file) | 119 (viewing file)
Published: 2019; updated 2021; Toronto
File size: 198 KB (print file) 985 KB (viewing file)
What to know about downloading our books:
- The link to download will appear on the checkout page (after payment) and you'll also get an email with a link to access your downloads.
- The link itself will stay open for 2 weeks. If you miss the window, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate it.
Please note our PDFs are non-refundable!
If you would like more information about buying PDFs from us, please visit our purchasing PDFs details page.