What's the Story? Put Your Creative Thinking Skills to the Test
🛑 SAVE when you buy this book in our Critical Thinking Pack
👉 All prices are in CDN (you can use the currency changer in the menu to view prices in USD)
This is our new expanded & revised edition of What's the Story. We doubled the content! (See new sample pages below.)
Adults be warned. In this unique Furious Think favourite, we don't just stick to the point of view of the good guys. After all, what are stories without both heroes and villains? 👻
How it works: We provide a story problem and young people put their creative thinking skills to the test to come up with imaginative solutions and ideas. In this newly expanded version, there are 111 scenarios.
Overall, kids will:
- come up with genius story twists, motives & alternate realities
- decide how they could fracture a few fairy tales
- figure out how their hero will overcome challenges
- come up with what deep dark childhood secrets their villains are hiding and what plans they have to wreak havoc on the world (bwa-ha-ha!)
- practice the art of show don't tell & imagine compelling backstories
- AND MORE
FYI This book can be used collaboratively, making for some amazing creative discussions. Or, kids/teens can use it independently, thinking about the solutions on their own.
We're also big fans of writing! And this book serves as an incredible trove of scenarios that can double as writing prompts. Kids can just grab a journal/notepad and write their solutions and/or create scenes & stories based on their ideas.
Wait, what? For the summer, we're providing free downloadable creative writing prompt printables (PDFs) that accompany What's the Story (along with some of our other lineup). Enjoy! We'll be adding sheets weekly.
Age range: It really depends. We would say the minimum age is roughly 9 or 10-ish, and there is no max age. Please check out the sample pages above!
Dimensions: 5" x 7"
Published: updated version 2021, Toronto
Binding: Perfect bound
**Please allow for any delays due to COVID-19
For customers in Canada:
- Your order ships FOR FREE when you spend $50 or more.
- For orders between $10 and $50, there is a $6.95 shipping fee.
- For single items under $10, there is an $8 shipping fee.
Your order will be delivered between 2 & 8 business days after placing it, (possibly longer for more rural areas). You will receive a tracking number. Your package will be delivered by Canada Post.
For customers in the U.S.:
There is $8.95 CAD (approx $7 USD) shipping fee on all orders going to the U.S. Orders should be received within 8-13 days and will be delivered by USPS. Please allow for any unforeseen delays at the border or due to COVID-19.